Monday, November 07, 2005

Beat My Chest, Doom Switch Flipped

Is there a doom switch for live games? Seems like all my chest beating last week burned me last night.

I had a couple of really nice wins last week at the local cash games (+$200 on both) only to give some back last night. -$110. Ouch. I need to stick to my plan of dropping 1 buy-in only.

My biggest win (+$248) coming when I was just paitently waiting all night & finally got paid off with a lucky hand when I was gambling. I called a $7 raise with Kc4c, which I normally would never do. Then it was reraised to $17 . . . which I was in for a penny, in for a pound, but knowing -EV. Flop was 3-9-8 . . . all clubs. GIN! All-in for $50 & called twice. Uh-oh.

Ac for sure, but does he have two clubs?

YES! He doesn't & another club nor a 9 or 8 comes! They were going to break the game right then & there, so I only played 1 more hand & was out the door with my biggest win in this game . . . +$248. Weee . . .

-$147 for the weekend as I tried playing with some co-workers for -$37 on FRI.

The cash game play is fucking with my tourny play on SAT. I can't seem to do as well in the tournaments. Pushing my 2nd pair is killing me. AJ vs AQ (thought I could make him lay it down).

-$20 for the tournament. +$24 in the cash game (mix of $1/$2 Limit & $2/$4 Limit).

SUN, I rolled into the game with my mind on other matters thanks to a phone call from my fiancé minutes before the tournament. In the cash game, I was still not there after a couple of beats. I couldn't push anyone off their draw. Someone called my $50 worth of bets on a 8 high flush draw . . . and won. When I tried it, I went broke.

ARGH!

I'll try again tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home